Mar 28, 2010

Nepal trip report - day 1

Hello guys, as you probably realize, after the first day in Nepal I am
completely confused. The traffic is completely chaotic and the entire
Thamel is full of people wanting to guide you. One of them refused to
accept money from me, instead wanting me to buy him food for the
familly. ;-) The bill was Rs1700 . Anyway, lem me list the places I've
visited thanks to my friend Rajan.
1. Swayambhunath hill, stupa, monastery and temples;
2. Patan Darwar square, here I had lunch at Café Du Temple and my
camera remained without batery;
3. Patan Golden temple;
4. Very close to the Golden temple, Manjushree temple;
5. Patan Bagalamukhi temple;
6. At the same spot, the officiant invited inside to see the Unmatta
Bhairava idol.
For the next day, we plan to go to Pashupatinath an Boudhanath.

5 comments:

Daniel Stender said...

Great that you could reach your blog from there! Excuse the grinding always the same with the guides. It might be too little time for that but traditional clothes changes a lot. Keep on reporting please!

Anonymous said...

... 1700 Rs is much too much for a guidance, isn't it guys?

PDSz said...

erm, write it off in your tax report as `learning fee'.

Daniel Stender said...

Ha!
Man when I've got in Delhi the first time they've got me *hard* ... the whole smack: all hotels are booked out because of a conference, tourist information center somwhere with faked phone calls to the free spots I've got a list from, you are lucky we've got a free room 130$ a night (!), negotiated down to 20$ but forgot the "luxury taxes" ... etc. etc. (but I was pleased when I heard an Indian friend of mine telling "20$ in Delhi a night that's cheap!" ... they are cheating on there own, too!).
But Adi enjoy your trip! But don't pay anymore (and they *will* ask for it).

AC said...

Well guys,
I am a cheap bastard. Of course I did not payed him. ;-)
I gave him only Rs200.